Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Week Ten

I am currently reading The Shining by Stephen King. Jack Torrence lost his job so his friend, Al Shockley, got him an interview to be the winter caretaker of the Overlook hotel. He gets the job and now Jack, his wife Wendy, and their fie year old son Danny will be moving there. In the past Jack used to drink a lot and Wendy had thought about divorcing him many times but she decided to stay for Danny. Jack eventually gave up the drinking but one time in a drunken rage he grabbed Danny by the arm and Danny's arm broke. Oops. Also Danny has an imaginary friend named Tony who has shown him "visions" of the hotel....

The passage I chose to apply to what I've read so far is found in Galatians. "The acts of the sinful nature are obvious:...fits of rage,...drunkeness.... I warn you, as I did before, that those who live like this will not inherit the kingdom of God." Galatians 5:19-21
I picked this because there has been a pretty big emphasis on Jack's past with the drinking and breaking Danny's arm.

I read for 2 hours this week.
Total Time: 57 hours

No comments:

Post a Comment