Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Week Seven

Ok so I just visited the Amazon's Teen Books website and I decided that it is a good place to look for books. It has different categories of books so if you are looking for a specific kind of book, it is easy to find a good book to read. I think when I finish the book I am currently reading I will go back and find a good book.

So this week I finished up Catching Fire by Suzanne Collins. Katniss and Peeta have learned that, for the third "Quarter Quell," they will both have to return to the arena to face other past victors. What Katniss and Peeta don't know is that Haymitch, their mentor, and a few others have a plan to escape from the arena and form a rebel group to try and take on the Capitol. The group loses a few members on the way but Katniss and three other tributes she teamed up with were rescued when the arena was destroyed. They are now being taken to District 13, a place thought to have been destroyed the last time the country was at war. Katniss learns that District 12 has been destroyed. War is most definitely jsut around the corner.


I also started Mockingjay, the third book in the Hunger Games series, this week. Katniss finds out Peeta was captured by the Capitol when the arena was destroyed. District 13 was her to be their "Mockingjay" and lead the rebels in their fight against the Capitol. Katniss accepts and they begin filming propaganda that will air throughout the country to try to get as many people on their side as possible. This is as far as I've gotten so far....


I read for 6 hours this week.

Total Time: 49 hours and 15 minutes

No comments:

Post a Comment