Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Week Three

So last week I went to the library and I brought my mom along because we had some other things to do afterwards. I didn't really have a book in mind that I was looking for, I was just looking because I needed a book to read. So here I am looking at a bunch of books to see what they were about and my mom is standing next to me repeatedly telling me to hurry up. (My mom is pretty anti-library, probably because she isn't much of a reader.) So, trying to hurry to make her happy, I managed to find the next book in the series I have been reading, Burned, and also two other books that looked kind of interesting (hopefully they will be).

This week I read Burned, by P.C. and Kristin Cast (mentioned above). In this installment of the House of Night series Kalona, the evil vampyre, kills Zoey's human boyfriend, Heath. Zoey sees it happening and she trys to stop him but she was too late and her soul shattered. This basically means that she isn't dead but her soul has moved on to another realm and if it doesn't come back to her body soon, she will die. So throughout the rest of the book Zoey's friends, Aphrodite, Stevie Rae, and her Warrior Stark, are trying to find a way to bring her soul back to her body, something that has never been done before. Eventually Stark finds a way to get his spirit to this other realm without killing himself, and he succeeds in bringing Zoey's soul back to her body. Now Zoey and her friends must find a way to defeat Kalona and his lover Neferet.


I also got about half way through a book called A Crack in the Line by Michael Lawrence. So far there are two people, a boy called Alaric and a girl called Naia, who are practically twins, except they live in alternate universes. In fact, they are basically the same people. Everything about their lives is exactly the same except for the fact that Alaric's mom died in a train accident and Naia's mom, who is the same person as Alaric's mom in and alternate world, survived the accident. To me it seems that the book is just trying to make the reader realize how big of a difference one simple thing can cause. You get to see what life is like for both of them.


I read for 9 1/2 hours this week.

Total Time: 29 hours

No comments:

Post a Comment