Sunday, May 15, 2011

Week Twelve

There still is not a lot going on in The Shining yet, but Jack, Wendy, and Danny have arrived at the hotel and were taken on a tour through the hotel. In the kitchen they meet the chef, Dick Halloran, who shows them around the kitchen. After the tour of the kitchen Mr. Halloran gets ready to leave for the winter. Before he leaves he has a talk with Danny because he can tell that Danny has what he calls "Shining." He can tell because he has it too, but he realizes that this "shining" is very strong within Danny.
There was also a more in depth description of what really happened between George Hatfield and Jack Torrence before Jack lost his teaching job.

I think that this was a fun project because I like to read but I don't always like to read the books that we have to read for school. It was nice to be able to read what I wanted to read and get graded for it.
I read a total of 10 full books plus the three I am currently still reading: Tempted by P.C and Kristen Cast, The Tale of Beelde the Bard by J.K. Rowling, The Notebook by Nicholas Sparks, Dear John by Nicholas Sparks, Burned by P.C. and Kristen Cast, A Crack in the Line by Michael Lawrence, The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins, Alice in Wonderland by Lewis Carroll, Catching Fire by Suzanne Collins, Mockingjay by Suzanne Collins, The Shining by Stephen King (still reading), Does the Noise in my Head Bother You? by Steven Tyler (still reading (its actually very interesting)), and The Scarlet Letter by Nathaniel Hawthorne (still reading). I read over 3100 pages and for a total of about 62 hours over the past twelve weeks (I read for 4 hours this week).



No comments:

Post a Comment